How to Fix HP Printer Error Code 20
HP Printer has earned a huge reputation in the market with its flawless printing, fast printing speed, exclusive features and much more. It is counted as one among the most commercially successful name in the domain of the printers. The models are available in all size, portable, affordable prices, compatible with all the devices, and many more. It is available in wired as well as in wireless connection. HP Sprocket is one of the latest printers for all the Smartphone users which is pocket-friendly and works in Bluetooth. In case you wish to know more about any of the HP Printer models, then you need to contact the experts at HP Printer Customer Service to obtain support for your queries. Often, the users shared their loopholes interlinked with it. HP Printer error code 20 is one of the basic issues which almost all the users’ complaints to receive on their screen.
The technical bugs are common while handling the printer while commanding for print. This might hold back your work for some time before you resolve the issue. The glitch occurs on the screen when the printer while attempting to use, it’s not getting activated. Or, the printer can’t get configured properly with the system; the wrong printer is set as the default printer. It is always suggested to resolve the issue as soon as possible before it’s too late to get it to fix.
The root cause behind HP Printer error code 20
- Due to the printer driver can’t be found
- Maybe the device manager is causing issues
- Perhaps the wrong printer is set as the default printer
- Due to the printer can’t be configured properly in the system
- Perhaps there is a registry error in the system
- Due to the poor internet connection
Easy steps to fix HP Printer error code 20
Check whether your printer is set as the default printer
- Try to click on the ‘Start’ option.
- Select the ‘Printers and Faxes’ option to open the printers folder.
- In case the desired printer icon is missing, go through the above steps.
- You need to click on the checkmark next to the ‘Set as the default printer’ option.
- Select the printer icon, followed by ‘Print Test page’ to print a Windows self-test page.
- If the Windows test page prints successfully, then you need to close all the windows.
- Attempt to print from the application you are trying to use before.
- If the Windows test-page doesn’t print then move to the second point.
Attempt to reinstall the USB composite device from the Device Manager
- Click on the ‘Start’ option followed by ‘Run’ option.
- You need to enter the ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the Run window
- Try to press the ‘Enter’ option to open the Device Manager Window.
- Select the ‘+’ sign followed by ‘Universal Serial Bus Controllers’ option.
- You need to click on the ‘USB Composite Device’ option.
- Select the ‘Uninstall’ option followed by ‘Ok’ option.
- Attempt to disconnect the USB cable from the system and reconnect it with the proper steps.
- Try to look for the correct instructions in the ‘Found new hardware wizard’ to install the drivers.
- Click on the ‘Printer icon’ option.
- Select the ‘Print test page’ option to print a Windows self-test page.
- You need to close all the Windows and attempt to print from the application you were trying before.
Attempt to reinstall the software
Make sure you are using the latest HP software for your system. To install it, you need to visit the official website and follow the steps to do so properly.
We hope that the steps listed above have assisted you exactly in the same way as you have expected it to work for you. In case you are unable to fix the problem on your own or you have other similar issues like HP Printer paper jam in error state then you need to contact the experts to get immediate relief from your issues.